Getting a Facebook competition up and running is simple and can be a lot of fun. Below are 6 great ideas that are easy to execute and get your local community involved with your business.
- Give away movie tickets asking locals to name their favourite actor and tag the person they want to take with them
- Give away tickets to a local sporting event or festival asking locals to tag their favourite local cafe or restaurant
- Give away a pet grooming voucher asking locals to submit a funny picture of their pet as a comment to enter
- Give away an Easter hamper, a glass jar filled with Easter eggs, ask people to guess the number of Easter eggs to win. Entries can be submitted by adding a comment with the user's best guess.
- School colouring competitions are a great all year round competition idea, ask parents to enter their child's drawing as part of comments to the post. Prizes can be anything from a dinner for too a pushbike.
- Australia days meat tray giveaway, entries can be by providing a comment about a user's favourite sports hero or most memorable Australian.
Depending on what you want to achieve with your promotion you can ask people Like, Share and comment on the competition post as a form of entry. Use relevant emoji's to draw attention to the prize and caption. Provide a clear end date and information on how the winner will be determined.
🍖🥩 WIN A WEBER Q 🥩🍖 - It’s competition time, we’re giving away one Weber Q for Easter. To enter simply "Like & Share" our page and tell us who runs the BBQ at your place in the comments below, best of luck. 🔥
🍖🥩 WIN A WEBER Q 🥩🍖 - It’s competition time, we’re giving away one Weber Q for Easter.
To enter tag 3 friends in the comments below and make sure you have LIKED our Facebook page! Share the post for an extra entry. 🔥
*The prize will be drawn at random by a member of our staff on dd/mm/yyyy.
How to Get the Word Out
- Ask staff to share and like the post to increases awareness
- Email your database about the promotion and provide a link to your page
- Pin post to the top of the page (I've just done this)
- Ask business your work with to share the post, Mortgage Broker, Handy Man
How to Pick a Winner
You can do this manually by drawing a name out of a hat, but if your promotion goes well there will be far too many entries to keep track of. Use a tool to randomly select a comment form the promotion post or a more advance promotion management tool to pick a winner.
Tools to select a winner
If you have any other ideas, we would love to hear them.